Friday, November 09, 2012

Final Thoughts part 2...and Back in the Motherland <3

my office for the day, i was doing a short lifeguarding job here

It is so incredible to be back in Hawaii.  I am so happy to be home.  I pretty much hit the ground running when I came back.  I flew in Wednesday and I did a lifeguard job on Friday (I'm a for-hire lifeguard, not the city/county ones that patrol from those towers on the beach), then did a performance that night, and a sort-of performance after that one.  Saturday I was supposed to have 2 back-to-back gigs, samba dancing and gogo dancing at a Halloween Festival, but that got shutdown due to a tsunami warning and the police evacuated 10,000+ people from the festival.



my incredibly talented friend Nate and I.  We were both supposed to perform at the Halloween festival, just as we finished getting dressed, the tsunami sirens went off and the police herded the party-goers out of Chinatown

My Fung Soul Sistah Sky (shes not actually my blood sister, but we have the same last name, and we kind of look alike) at the Portuguese restaurant where we were supposed to dance
My adjustment back to the default world was a quick and easy one.  Kyle, not so much.  :(  Prior to the hike, Kyle and I lived drastically different lifestyles.  He works a 9-5 cubicle job in Orange County, CA and I am doing the starving artist thing out here and just flying by the seat of my pants, working whatever random and fun jobs my many marketable skills can get me.  It isn't always the most intelligent way to go, but hey its better than being a cubicle slave indoors, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  My goal in life is to be a good person and inspire other people to do things, and ultimately change the world for the better, starting with myself.  That won't happen being under florescent lights, sitting in front of a monitor all day.  Stuff like that just sucks out your soul.

So yeah, Kyle is bumming pretty hard.  His re-entry into the default world isn't exactly peaches and cream.  That sucks. :(  I can't imagine what its like to get off the trail and then immediately go back to a 9-5 cubicle job.  That is like the polar opposite of the trail. :(  I told him next time we go on an epic adventure, I just might not let him run away after the end.  He said he was ok with that. Whoo hoo! :)  On the bright side of things, Kyle has Squizzle! Yay! Squiz decided to stick with Kyle for moral support, plus they have a nice bond going on.  Lol!  I think Squizzle is helping Kyle maintain sanity as he tries to re-integrate in southern california.

Squizzle goes surfing with Kyle!

the PCT thru-hiker completion medal.  Good Job Squiz!

*sniff sniff*  by the way, that medal is really heavy!

Squizzle and Kyle, at a brewery somewhere.  Squizzle looks pretty stoked to be surrounded by beer glasses as big as him.



No comments:

Post a Comment