Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2:30am, can't sleep...

So here I am, in San Diego. Lying in bed. I can't sleep. Lol. I leave in 3.5 hours for the most amazing adventure of my life, thus far. I feel like my veins are going to explode. I can't even begin to describe my emotions right now. Everything is so...intense, yet foggy. I feel like I have this 10' diameter ball of electricity that follows me everywhere.

For those of you who don't know, there are a whole bunch of people along the trail known as Trail Angels. And that's pretty much exactly what they do. Randomly show up, and help hikers out in all kinds of ways. They are like the Superheroes of the PCT, and they all do it out of love. Pretty amazing. <3

San Diego has a large network of trail angels, one swooped me up from the airport at midnight and I'm at another angel's house right now, with a few other hikers, who will be starting tomorrow. The generosity and heart of these angels are incredible. What an amazing way to start my journey. Mahalo nui loa, Scout, Frodo and the San Diego angels. You guys are amazing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment