Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Days 134-137: Giardia...maybe? :(

Thursday 8/30/12
Miles 1770-1792 (22 miles)

Friday 8/31/12
Miles 1792-1815 (23 miles)

Saturday 9/1/12
Miles 1815-1830 (15 miles)

Sunday 9/2/12
Miles 1830-1835 (5 miles)

So, pretty much since the day after leaving Ashland, I've felt like crap and it has been getting worse since. Hence I haven't take the time to blog because I've just been feeling absolutely horrible. Plus I haven't been able to eat food for the last 3 days, which isn't fun, and doesn't help my situation at all.

Oh my gosh, I've just been sooooo tired the last few days. I think that's mostly from not eating. And it's mainly because I just can't stomach it. When I try to eat anything, my stomach feels so bloated, like it's going to explode. And the rest of the time my stomach is just rumbling and making weird sounds. So the last 3 days I've literally been living off dried mangos, sour gummy bunnies, and Honey Stinger gummy chews. Candy, basically. Because for some reason, that stuff didn't bother my stomach as much, as long as I ate just a little bit at a time.

Not to mention ive been pooping liquid for the last week. You know, you never really truly appreciate your digestive and excretory system enough until it stops working correctly. Seriously. On a positive note, at least im still getting bowel movement. Not necessarily the correct form of matter coming out of the correct bodily orifice, but hey at this point I'm in no position to be picky.

So anyhow, the last week has been somewhat hellish. I kept myself going by thinking of positive things. Like, how grateful I was that the weather is amazing and its not snowing. And that the terrain for the most part is soft and mellow. Man I'm just so stoked to be sick now where the terrain is pretty gentle, as opposed to somewhere like the sierras. Although there was that one day in the sierras where I felt like crap. That day absolutely sucked. I wonder why I'm getting sick. It's not like I'm lacking vitamins. A hike back after leaving south lake Tahoe I was sick for 3 weeks. That was weird.

Anyhow, this morning was the first time in a while that I've actually been hungry. Yay! This is a good sign. I ate a little then went back to sleep. I still felt like crap. I didn't wake up til around noon.

We were just outside of Mazama Village in Crater Lake. A lot of other hikers were around including Hee Haw and Jeff! Yay! I really like those two guys. We hung around for a while and then hiked out. It was pretty late when we left, hence the lack of miles. We just basically hiked toward the lake. Tomorrow we get to walk the rim of Crater Lake! Yay!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment