Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Day 45: unintentional zero day :)

Saturday 6/2/12
Miles 0
Elevation 6,314'

I woke up at 5:30pm today with the intention of doing about 20 miles or so throughout the night. I'm not sure hat possessed me at that time, to think that was a good idea, after I just did a 36 mile day. Lol.

When I first threw my tent up this morning I was somewhat worried that I'd be woken up constantly, because I was camped at a big water source. Either I was just totally knocked out or not many people came by, because I was sound asleep all day.

Anyhow, a bunch of hikers came to make camp around the time I was leaving. I walked a couple hundred yards down the trail and saw Not So Bad camped next to the trail. I stopped to chat for a bit, and ended up just camping there. Lol. So technically today was a zero day for me. I'm so glad I didn't end up walking, I think my feet would have went on strike :). Hopefully it's not as hot/dry as it seems like it'd be, during the day. We are back in pine trees now, so that really helps with shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment