Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 22: my first true "zero" day!

Thursday 5/10/12
Miles 0

Today is my first true "zero" day, meaning I did not hike any miles at all. I'm so glad I decided to take a whole day off, my feet really needed it! They actually look kind of normal and not all fat and swollen like they normally do! Lol

So I didn't do much today. Just had breakfast with my roommates Quest and Moonshine at Thelma's which is a local restaurant. It was ok. I put some seam sealer on the inside of my tent so hopefully I'll stop slipping in there. Then we took the bus to big bear lake and hung out there for a bit. I took a pic of my feet in the water at big bear lake. I also introduced Quest and Moonshine to the Koko Brown beer which is a Kona Brewing Co coconut brown beer. It's super yummy, I'm stoked they thought so too!

Some random things I saw today: a super Mario chess set at a liquor store, and a "Notti Potti" thing which was this go kart thing in a doghouse sized outhouse with a toilet seat inside. Lol. Big Bear is so random. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay Keala! You deserve the rest! So awesome to read about your adventure! Keep going strong Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for KoKo Brown beer!!! Your feet look good, a zero day is what they needed :D
    Did Butterstuff get beer?
    CJ

    ReplyDelete