Saturday, July 07, 2012

Day 79: Lee Vining, CA

Friday 7/6/12
Miles 0
Elevation 6,866'

Wow, in all the hub bub of yesterday, I forgot to mention the funniest thing that happened yesterday! Somewhere on trail in the midst of a crapload of tourists, we ran into a Chinese family hiking in the opposite direction. They asked Kyle to deliver a written message (in Chinese) to the other half of their party, who was a couple miles away. Ok, I guess the situation isn't as funny when I try to type it out, but it was hilarious in person. I wish I got a video of it. So that was the pic yesterday of Kyle with all those Asian people, that was the Chinese family. They were really cool. Lol.

Anyhow. We spent the day doing chores and stuff. Went to the laundromat to do laundry and fluff out the sleeping bags. I took a pic of Kyle taking a nap in the laundromat. Haha. I would've been sleeping too except I was too busy updating my blog. :D

We missed the bus back to Yosemite. Dangit. So we were contemplating on what to do, because we didn't feel like hitching back (it woulda been an easy hitch), and both our stomachs were feeling weird. My stomach gets weird when I eat greasy food; I had a fried fish burger earlier today. Bad idea. My dad said that, even though i can, I should not stuff my face with anything I want and that I should be more conscious of what I eat. Lol. Thanks dad!

Oh, if anyone is curious, Lee Vining is a tiny little town on the south end of Mono Lake thats about 2 blocks long, with a population of 200 people. I think the town survives entirely off of tourism. There are more tourists than residents here. O.o

We went back to the Mobile station. I couldn't stop thinking about those mango margaritas. Lol. I took a pic. No live band today. As you can see, the deli and seating are the prominent features of this mobile station. At one point, Kyle said, "where at the gas pumps?" lol. (they're on the other side of the store). There was a family there, one person had a birthday, they offered us cake. Thanks!! And happy birthday Amy!! I took a pic of them. :)

Oh!! Super random encounter!! Donna and Jeff Saufley drove by us in lee vining and asked if we wanted a ride!! How random is that? They are the legendary Saufleys, who are trail angels in Agua Dulce, which was 500 miles ago. Their house, AKA Hiker Heaven has probably housed 600 hikers this year. Now that the herd has passed, I'm stoked to see they get some fun time to themselves. Still though, how random is that, to run into them in Lee vining? Lol. They are so rad. Gosh, what wonderful people they are. <3

Ok. Back on the trail tomorrow. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment