Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 84: Going into Bridgeport

Wednesday 7/11/12
Miles 1007-1018 (11 miles)
Elevation 6,493'

Today was an interesting day of hiking; the short amount we did. It looked almost like we were in the Mojave again. The 11 mile stretch was quite dry and barren and if it wasn't for the patches of snow all around me, it would have almost been like being in the desert. There wasn't much uphill walking except the first 3 or so miles, so it was an easy day. I took a pic of us when we all took at break at the top of the hill. Mr.C and Snow White are the two people on the left (the Canadians I was talking about), and Gut Feeling is the girl with the hat.

We got to Sonora Pass today, and got a ride into Bridgeport from a cool family. Thanks cool family!! It is about 30 miles to Bridgeport so we got pretty lucky that Kyle found them at the trailhead and they offered a ride. Stoked!! They had a Burnese mountain dog which was HUGE!! oh my gosh it was the size of a small bear. I took some pics of the dog. Lol. So fuzzy!! :D

The town of Bridgeport is quaint. They did a lot to maintain the originality of the town. Dang, stuff is expensive tho. What is with all these towns along hwy 395 and everything being exorbitantly priced?! Tourist traps...

In other exciting news, I CAN GET RID OF MY BEAR CAN!!!! Oh my god I wanna do cartwheels!! That thing is SUCH a pain in the ass!! I mean, ultimately, I am stoked that a bear did not eat my food. But damn that thing almost weighed 3 lbs!! It was like a frickin anchor on my back. Yay I'm stoked i don't have to use it anymore! :)

Today was a good day. Grateful for all the blessing from the Universe. Thank you world for being so awesome. I think I'll go pass out for 12 hours now. Lol :) goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment