Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 94: holy sore feet batman!

Saturday 7/21/12
Miles 1100.5-1120.5 (20 miles)
Elevation 8,100'

Leaving Lake Aloha today, the first 10 miles or so was over rocks and stuff. Ugh. It kinda sucks when the trail is a bunch of rocks as opposed to dirt or gravel. It's tough to walk over that in regular shoes, much less barefoot runners. Lol. Kyle did the whole day in his 5 fingers. So proud of him :) For those of you who've never worn them before, it's not easy (unless you're used to regularly walking barefoot), much less wearing a backpack with weight. So yeah, it's a pretty big deal. Yay Kyle! Team K squared FTW! Lol. It's funny, day hikers and weekend backpackers (we call them "dockers") stop us all the time to inquire about our shoes. Vibram should send us free shoes for all the advertising we're doing for them. Lol! By the way, those shoes are epic in so many ways. It makes you so much more conscious of the way you walk, and of the entire act of walking in general. Kyle said it was mentally as well as physically tiring. It's really cool, I highly recommend them. :)

So, I am kind of obsessed with soft, fuzzy, and cute things. Like puppies. There have been a lot of people hikin with dogs wearing doggy backpacks. Sooo cute! Aaaaahhh!!! Lol. I took a pic of a couple dogs. I also saw a dog with a doggy backpack and doggy hiking boots. That's cool, first time I've actually seen those in use. Oh! The owner of one of these dogs had an awesome homemade wizard stick!!! I took a pic of him, he's the dude in the blue shirt. He carved the top and use a wood burner to put really really cool designs on it. Inspiration!!! :D

Anyhow, today's hiking was tough, even tho we only did 20 miles. That first 10 miles of rocky terrain was lame sauce. Bleh. Lol. Scenery was über pretty tho. Gosh it was epic. <3

Oh. So I ran outta water toward the end of the day. Kind of. It's funny, I never ran out of water while I was in the desert. Maybe because it was so scarce I was more aware of water, as opposed to out here it's usually so plentiful I don't even think about it. So I ran out 3 miles before the next creek, and when we got to that creek it was dry. Oops. Next water source was in 6 miles. Bleh. Although there was a pond before the water source, but it was stagnant and mosquito infested, and I was being a snob so I passed it up. Lol. Ah well. :)

The lake we camped next to was pretty cool. I took a pic of it. Damn bugs. Lol. It could be worse. It could be raining. Or snowing. Or even *more* buggy. Meh. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment