Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 80: back on trail, I found Dazzle!!!! <3

Saturday 7/7/12
Miles 942.5-953 (10.5 miles)
Elevation 8,402'

Wow, we got 10 miles in despite the fact that we didn't leave Tuolumne meadows til 4pm!

Oh my gosh, guess who I saw there today, Dazzle!!!! He is one of my top 3 favorite people on trail and the last time I saw him was almost 900 miles ago! He is the hiker from Kapa'a, Kauai. One of the others in Team 808. I took a pic of us, he's the guy in the blue shirt. So stoked to know he is still on trail, and so glad to see him. Gosh he's gotten skinny. But then again so is everyone else on trail. It's nuts. But yeah, seeing Dazzle pretty much made my day.

Today was one of the prettiest days of hiking on the trail. I took a lot of pics. Man, I just can't get over how awesome and unique the rock here looks compared to what I've been seeing on trail. Granite. Badass. :)

I'm super stoked that there's way less people on trail the farther we get from Tuolumne meadows. After a while it will be just the pct hikers again yaaaay! The downside, however, is that the bugs absolutely suck. Ugh Mosquitos are gnarly in lots of areas. We managed to find a relatively mosquito-free area. Which is cool because otherwise we'd have to use the bugnet in my tent (I have a one-person tent) and it'd be pretty crammed in there. But it would be better than being bitten by Mosquitos all night.

Oh!! So, we came up with names for our wizard personas once we get to Washington. Kyle's name is Tyveklar from the land of Tyveklia. My wizard name is Evil Envelopé (it's French) from the land of New Postaria.

Another revelation I had was, there needs to be a PCT rpg video game. Like a cross between Oregon Trail and Final Fantasy. Any computer programmers out there? We need to talk :D

No comments:

Post a Comment