Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 81: so much beauty... Mind=Blown :)

Sunday 7/8/12
Miles 953-969 (16 miles)
Elevation 9,301

Wow. The scenery is absolutely amazing. Dang this whole section of Yosemite north of Tuolumne Meadows is by far the most beautiful hiking I've done, on the PCT. I got a lot of pics.

A little after noon we hiked by a lake that was absolutely *amazing*. I took a bunch of pics of that lake. What made it so awesome was that there was a sandy beach there. Lol. So that's where I found Kyle, along with a lot of other PCTers I met at Tuolumne meadows yesterday. Theres a pic of Kyle siting on the sandy beach, and the guy behind him is Caveman (there are at least 3 guys named caveman on the trail). Caveman is so cool. He's from Quebec (yaaaaay Canada!!). He also has a running tab on the # of mosquitos, big flies, and little flies he's killed today. I think he's at around 50 Mosquitos. He's keeping a tally on his arm with a pen. Lol. He got Kyle in on it too. I think Kyle's count is 21 Mosquitos, 2 big flies and 2 little flies. I'm not really playing this game, but I'm at 4 little flies and about 15 mosquitos. Lol.

Anyhow, some others who stopped at the lake are: Panama Red, Pitstop, Gut Feeling, Dazzle, Patches and lampshade, and a couple from Isreal (I forgot their name). We were there til 3pm. Lol.

We kept hiking for a while. The scenery is so amazing. My mind is being constantly blown. Plus it helps there aren't a ton of people on the trail. Lol. I think I only saw 4 people who weren't PCTers. We hiked til we came to a lake. Oh man it was so pretty. We ended up camping there, along with Gut Feeling, Caveman, and the israeli couple. I took a pic, gut feeling is in the turquoise shirt and beanie with her back to the camera, they other two are the Israelis, I forgot their names. They're cool.

At one point we were all sitting around the campfire. Caveman started some political conversation, I was like, oh geez. Lol. There's three topics I personally don't ever discuss with other people: religion, politics, and abortion. Lol. Good thing I'm busy blogging. I'll just stay out of this conversation.... :)

By the way, the Mosquitos suck. So do the flies. I got bitten a ton at that lake we stopped at earlier in the afternoon. And right now they're going nuts. Uuuuuuggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment