Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 90: south lake Tahoe = land of buffets!!

Tuesday 7/17/12
Miles 0

Other hikers weren't kidding when they said South lake Tahoe was full of good food. Geez. I dunno, this town trips me out. Lol. Anyhow, Minor was staying at this place up the road. He came and visited us around noon. Minor lives in San Diego (carlsbad) and the day I flew into San Diego, he went to Scout and Frodo's house (the trail angels that picked me up) because he wanted to meet me, but he missed me by about 4 hours because I didn't get to their house til after midnight that day. Funny that we run into each other, 1000 miles later. Lol. He got a watergun. I hope he packs that on the trail with him that would be awesome. Lol.

We all took the bus to the Lake of the Sky Outfitter which was at one end of town. While on the bus we encountered about 8 other pct hikers. Hikertrash takeover!! Lol. I got a pic of Pocahontas (formerly Cropduster) and Shep Dog (Brendan) who is behind her. Cowboy was there, as well as Chef, Funk, and a few others. It's always fun to see other thru-hikers in town.

The outfitter is so awesome. They have a little room in the back just for the PCT hikers, where they have fresh fruit, snacks, and coffee. Thanks guys! That's the most awesome outfitter I've been to. Me Kyle and Minor took a pic in front of the store. The owners thru-hiked the PCT in 1979, and they had a slide show of the photos they took, in the PCT room playing on the TV. It was so amazing to see what the trail was like in '79, it's been reroute a bunch, but a lot of it remained the same too. It was fun to see areas we recognized, an especially some of the same towns we stopped in, some of the towns looked so different in '79!

Other than that, today was somewhat uneventful. We just spent the day doing chores and random town errands. The three of us (Minor included) planned on playing miniature golf that night, while wearing our packs, but that didn't end up coming to be. Minor ended up going to the dinner buffet at Harrah's, Kyle took a nap, and I was running around town with a bucket of laundry and 2 sleeping bags, looking for a laundromat with a frontload washer (the laundromat listed on my map apparently doesn't exist anymore).

At some point at night, Kyle decided to draw on his bounce bucket. It was quite epic, his work of art. Lol. I took a pic of it. That's a self portrait of him and the wizard stick, and that's me next to him, wearing my Thinking Cap (the green beanie I made, with the ears on it).

Oh. I also found this book of kid's temporary tattoos. Kyle has been wanting to get a tattoo for a while but hasn't decided exactly what or where. So I took the liberty of tattooing him myself. It was rad, there were wizards and dragons and UFOs and rockets and pirate ships and all kine stuff. Hart and Huntington, eat your heart out! LOLOL


2 comments:

  1. i like how short your pic is on the bucket :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA those tattoos are AWESOOOOOME
    -Cadi

    ReplyDelete