Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 125: slow going...Bleh

Tuesday 8/21/12
Miles 1617-1637 (20 miles)
Elevation 6,548'

Geez today took soooo long! I can't believe I was hiking all day and only did 20 miles. It felt like I was going uphill all day!! Lol. Bleh.

The area we're in right now is called the Marble Mountains. It's really, really pretty! It's was warm today, but there was a breeze too. Yay!

So I ran into 2 hikers, Straw and Willy , that I haven't seen in about 3.5 mo this. Crazy! Funny how things work out like that eh? Taking to other hikers, I get some info on other people I haven't seen in a while. Wow, lots of people are off trail for really tragic reasons. One guy broke a rib, another guy's mom died, another guy's wife died. Ugh.... :( The guy that's been hiking around us, Walking Stick, he started out with his dad Ancient Mariner. But he had to get off trail due to injury. Dang. :(

I wonder what the success rate of thru-hikers on the PCT are. I've heard everything from 60%-35%.

No comments:

Post a Comment